Butternut Squash Soup
This soup can be served alone, but is delicious with warm cheese and marmite scones, fresh bread or a salad.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 or 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 or 2 carrots
- 1 tbsp vegetable bouillon or 1 vegetable stock cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish – see note below
- Peel and chop the vegetables into cubes.
- Just cover with water and stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 – 20 mins, or until all vegetables are tender.
- If using a pressure cooker then bring to pressure and then cook for 6 mins on high pressure.
- Liquidise and serve warm.
Garnish with freshly ground black pepper, chopped fresh radishes or toast some
pumpkin seeds in olive oil. For a unique flavour fry some capers in olive oil until crispy
and sprinkle over the soap when serving.