These yummy flat-breads are so simple to prepare.
You can quickly make the dough while you are cooking other things and then leave them on the back burner to cook while you are finishing off the meal.
Download Flat Bread Recipe (PDF).
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp kalonji seeds (available from Indian stores)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Oil or ghee for frying
- Put the flour, baking powder, kalonji seeds and salt into a mixing bowl or food processor.
- Add the yogurt and bring together until it is in a soft ball.
- Break off balls of dough and roll out on a floured surface to about 2mm thick.
- Cook in an oiled pan over a medium heat for 3 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
If you can’t get hold of any kalonji seeds you could try other seeds, such as cumin or mustard.