Hold Shape Cookies
An essential recipe for those times when you want to cut out a biscuit and for it to stay in shape!
Good for making your own Jammy Dodgers.
Includes ingredients listing and method explaining how to make it.
- 2 oz caster sugar (you can use granulated but the biscuits won’t be as smooth)
- 4 oz soft butter
- 6 oz plain flour
- few drops vanilla extract (opt)
- Beat the sugar into the soft butter, either with a wooden spoon, or food processor.
- Sift flour and mix until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Roll out on a floured surface to about 5mm thickness and cut out shapes.
- Arrange on greased tray, or use non-stick liner.
- Bake gas 4, 180c for about 15 mins, until pale golden.
- Don’t remove from baking tray when too hot or they will fall apart. Leave to cool for a few minutes and then cool thoroughly on a cooling rack.
- This is also a good recipe for jammy dodgers. You have to roll the dough slightly thinner (3mm). Cut the bottom shapes. Prick with a fork. Spread with jam. Cut out top shapes, which should be the same as the bottoms but with a hole in the middle.
- Bake 20 mins.
- This recipe is very easy to make bigger batches. Notice the 1,2,3 ratio of sugar, butter, flour. You just have to double, triple etc to get the desired amount.